[Sticky] Redundancy Bus RB-20
The FrSky RB –20, a new product from FrSky's continuing evolving redundancy modules.
The RB –20 hub has facilities to operating 2 receivers and 2 batteries to provide total peace of mind when flying your models. The RB-20 is designed for use with a higher operating current and supports high-current servos, another featured upgrade on the RB-20 is that it can switch telemetry automatically between RX1 and RX2.
Like other redundancy products, you can run your servos from the switchboard with complete protection from high voltage overload. The RB-20 also supports Smart Port telemetry for your FrSky transmitters and will provide telemetry feedback for voltage and overload indication.
- Multi-channel output
- Higher operating current (The current is twice as big as RB) and supporting high-current servos
- Automatically selected telemetry between RX1 and RX2: decide on/off of telemetry on RX1 and RX2 through RX1 S.P and RX2 S.P
- High voltage servo supported
- Overload protection on each channel
- Compatible with other FrSky S.Port products
- Dual power and dual receiver
- Integrated S.Port telemetry feedbacks (voltage, current, capacity, overload indication, etc.)
- Settable servo signal output period: 50Hz of servo outputs (20ms period) or equal to the input of SBUS cycle
- Recommended input voltage range: DC 4~8.4V (1~2s Lipo or 4~6s NiMH)
- Number of servos: up to 15
- Operating temperature: -20℃~75℃
- Weight: 37g
- Dimension: 77×43×22mm
All files related to the Redundancy Bus RB-20 including manuals and OS updates are available here: https://www.frsky-rc.com/redundancy-bus/
I now have another X12S but with FrSKY OS on board. Have tested the RB-20 with this unit, gives the same readings so, I can only surmise that there is indeed a problem with the RB-20!
We have, through a process of electronic elimination found a faulty component on the main board. The componant not replaceable so the unit will have to be returned. These tests have been conducted alongside and in cooperation with one of FrSKY's engineers who has come to the same conclusion.
Just received a replacement RB-20 unit and pleased to say that all is working as it should be.
Yes, but if you use two X8r's you need to switch teletryoff on one of them as they do not support telemetry switching.
I thought that the RB20 supports telemetry switching, whereas the RB10 doesn’t?
That is correct, but, the X8R Rx does not support it so you have to turn telemetry off on one.